Thursday 27 October 2011

Day 18 - Blame Dave Gorman for the Non-Finish :)

A planned 3 20 mins, 2:26, 2:19 and 2:22 for Anita, 2:02, 1:56 and 1:59 for me.

Anita and I, with our friends James and John were off to Cambridge to see a certain Mr. Dave Gorman, the amazingly Jewish Non-Jewish comedian give his Powerpoint Presentation on Wednesday evening, and as such we were at the gym at 6:15am to get the 3 20 minute pieces done.

Bear in mind we finished at the gym on Tuesday at 7:30pm, so we were back there less than 11 hours after we left :)

Anita did brilliant, but I spectacularly imploded after 8 minutes of the 2nd 20 minutes (1:56). Over the course of about a minute all the energy left me, and I was struggling to get the pace below 2:05/500m for the last 11 or so minutes of the piece. I can't say I've ever felt like that before.

I felt so bad (Wobbly on my feet) that I decided to not try the 3rd 20 minute piece, considering I had a full day of work ahead of me then an evening of comedy.

Anita also decided to not do the last 20 minute piece, as in her words "we do it together or not at all" - Love is not a strong enough word :)

Happily though Dave Gorman was brilliant, and his support act Jay Foreman had an interesting musical turn of phrase, including Moon Chavs :) If Dave ever reads this in some weird kind of alternate reality you're my 5th/6th favourite comedian, and you're in Anita's top 10 :)

http://www.davegorman.com/livedates.html

Anita: 8428m
Andy: 9843m

Cumulative: 555957m (345.5 miles)

As a Journey:

Start: Topnotch Gym Colchester CO4 9ES
Finish: Saint-Quentin-sur-Coole, Marne, France http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saint-Quentin-sur-Coole

No comments:

Post a Comment