Saturday 28 January 2012

Day 74 - Put your hands up for Dirk Kuyt....

4 Planned Intervals today to end the week - 30', 1hr, 1hr, 30' with approx 5R.

We got to the gym at about 1ish, and as such Liverpool - Man Utd was on in the gym. I lost myself in the game, so much so the first two intervals were gone before I knew it, both at 1:59/500m. This was except for the Agger and Kuyt goals, where I went into the 1:40's without knowing it. I think everybody in the gym (And there weren't many today) knew I was a Liverpool fan after the match :)!!!

I then decided to go for a PB for the hour. It was one of my PB's that had a bit of fat in it now (15330m @ 1:57.4) and I was feeling good so set out at 1:57 pace, with the intention of dragging it down a bit. This one hurt!! Feeling fresh after 90 minutes rowing doesn't mean anything when it hurts with 40' left :) I tried to lose myself in my music, which happened upon Metal track after Metal, and I was at 1:56.8 average with 30' left. I continued to drag it down until 20' left, where I started to hang on a bit. With 5' left I was still around 1:56.6ish, then with my last vestiges of strength pulled sub 1:50's, with sub 1:40' for the last minute to finish at 15506m (1:56.1), a PB by 176m :) I then tried about a minute of the last 30' interval but had nothing left, so did a 25' piece on the X-Trainer to warm-down properly, and apart from a dicky tummy (Think the Gels we take during the session don't really agree with me) I feel pretty good now, 5 hours on.

Anita yet again was a beast, 2:20, 2 x 2:23 and 2:21.3/500m to finish. She is however starting to suffer from PITA after the row now, which although its better than during is still a bit worrying. I wonder if she is going through a physiological change I went through about 2 months ago - the redistribution of muscle (and loss of fat) around the sitting bones. This is something to watch.

104k for Anita this week, 115k for me :)

Anita - 37941m - 1195430m cumulative since 3rd October
Andy - 38201m - 1383391m cumulative since 3rd October

Cumulative total - 2578821m (1602.75 miles)

The Journey:

Start - Topnotch Gym Colchester CO4 9ES
Finish - Kraľovany, Slovakia http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kra%C4%BEovany

P.S we may have to be rowing at home next week if the current weather forecasts come to fruition!!!! http://www.netweather.tv/index.cgi?action=news;storyid=971;sess=

No comments:

Post a Comment