Monday 9 January 2012

Day 60 - Recovery Row

Just 2 x 30' 4R tonight at 'a comfortable pace' :)

As a test I put the Living Language French series on both our MP3 players tonight, as we are in Valais (French-Speaking Switzerland) for our honeymoon, and we could both brush up a little bit on our conversational French. I've now re-affirmed how important Music is during a row, as it was really difficult to concentrate on the language course and not feel the aches and pains of what was a recovery row. I'll be listening to just Music from now on :)

Anita rowed out 2 2:26-pace 30 minute pieces, and felt the same about the French Course as I did. She found it quite a difficult one tonight, as if her body was still getting over the 37.5km on Saturday.

I did a 2:01.7, and was really suffereing on the 2nd when I decided to start putting in some really quick minutes every other minute, starting at 1:50 a few times, then 1:48's, a 1:45, a 1:40 then for the last 45 seconds sub 1:30, giving me a 1:59.0 average. I felt I had to do this to tell my body that I don't care how it feels, I'm in charge and I will do what I want :)

Anita: 12330m
Andy: 14959m
Cumulative: 1962359m (1219.6 miles)

The Journey:
Start - Topnotch Gym Colchester CO4 9ES
Finish - Seewalchen am Attersee, Austria http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seewalchen_am_Attersee

No comments:

Post a Comment