Monday 23 January 2012

Day 70 - Back to the Grind

2 x 45' tonight - we are now at the point where we decide what we want to push rather than following a rigid plan. Anita is a long way past where she should be on the Eddie Fletcher, with her Marathon on Saturday 5 seconds/500m ahead of plan.

My marathon was 1s below plan, but that was all due to numb-bum, which feels like it will be my nemesis :( All I can do is experiment with seating and push through it on the long rows, because I'm sure as sh*t not going to let it beat me :)

Anita - 2:23 and 2:23.8 tonight. She felt it in her arms after the marathon tonight (Considering the rows were at 19 and 20spm it couldn't have been that bad :)) - One of our friends at work accidentally touched her arm today and was astounded by how toned and muscular her biceps are now :)

Me - 1:59.5 and 1:59.1. The first one was a real struggle, the second started off really difficult, but I decided at about half way to start changing things up, hitting it hard (sub 1:50) during choruses and going back to 2:06ish during slower verses. A really hard fast chorus (Spineshank - Synthetic) 'persuaded' me to hit sub 1:30 for 30 seconds a couple of times in 2 minutes as well, and I ended dragging the pace from 2:03 to 1:59.1. In a way it is the best way to distract me for the PITA, and it worked quite well tonight.

Anita: 18833m
Andy: 22634m
Cumulative: 2400257m (1491.8 miles)

The Journey:
Start: Topnotch Gym, Colchester CO4 9ES
Finish: Leopoldov, Slovakia http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leopoldov

No comments:

Post a Comment