Tuesday 22 November 2011

Day 37 - Cheat Week :)

4 Lots of 15 mins tonight, 6'/9' split, 2:15/2:25 for Anita, 1:52/2:01 for me, 4R.

Anita now regards an hour of rowing as "Cheating" - It doesn't seem enough :) We are both well ahead of the training plan with regards to how easy it feels, which can only mean Mr Fletcher's plan is a resounding success, and the minor amendment I made to it before the start (Increase pace by 1' on each piece every 4 week-cycle) seems to be pushing our fitness levels up even quicker.

I can honestly say I've not felt this fit since Uni (Where I was playing Football (Soccer) 7 days a week) some 12 years ago, Anita says she is fitter than at any time in her adult life, and compared to 2 years ago (When both Anita & I set most of our current PB's) both Anita and I are streets ahead - Last week I PB'd on the 30 mins on the 2nd of my 3 30 min pieces on the day, and Anita's last 25 minute piece last Friday (Out of 3) was at a lower pace than her best ever 5k, even though she rowed for 2 minutes more.

We both now end the 4 piece Tuesday/Most Fridays with a sharp interval - My 1:52 6' ended up nearer 1:47, Anita's 2:15 6' nearer 2:11 - I'm very proud of what Anita is achieving, and looking forward very much to a lifetime with her, staying fit on the Concept2 :)

Anita: 13074m
Andy: 15500m

Cumulative: 1158798m (720 miles)

The Journey:
Start - Topnotch Gym, Colchester, CO4 9ES
Via:
Calais
Reims
Troyes
Dijon
Geneva
Finish - Chardonne, Riviera-Pays-D'Enhaut, Vaud, Switzerland

No comments:

Post a Comment