Monday 14 November 2011

Day 31 - Unexpected Pain..................

2 Lots of 45 minutes tonight, as we enter the 2nd intense week of the Eddie Fletcher Marathon plan - 2:28 for Anita, 2:04 for me 4.5R

Anita yet again rowed brilliantly, 22 strokes/minute across both pieces, with only slight bum ache in the last 5 minutes of the 2nd piece.

I however really did feel it tonight. My feel is that I didn't have enough for lunch or breakfast (Roast veg pasta at lunch, but just not enough of it and as such was in calorie deficit from about halfway through the first piece. Couple that with a severe case of numb bum from about 35 minutes into the first piece, which eventually started my left leg aching and my right foot going numb - It wasn't a brilliant night :(

I stuck at it though, and did the full distance, and feel pretty good now so its not all bad :)

Anita: 18248m
Andy: 21782m

Cumulative: 957366m (595 miles)

The Journey:
Start - Topnotch Gym Colchester, CO4 9ES
Finish - Polliat, Ain, France http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polliat

2 comments:

  1. oh, hate it when the bum goes numb and it travels down your leg too. Zaps the power in the legs. Good job toughing it out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Feels really strange - Problem is I've lost 7cm on my hips in the last 6 weeks, so have lost some padding :) As such it's cushions/seat pads from now on, as the power loss in my legs was just way to much to put up with :)

    ReplyDelete