Wednesday 21 December 2011

Day 51 - Leaving it all in the gym!

3 20' Intervals tonight, 2:24,2:17 and 2:20 for Anita, 2:00, 1:54 and 1:57 for me, 2R.

A difficult one tonight - Both of us sweated more than we ever have done before and the heart rates were definitely high on the 2nd and 3rd intervals.

I went down the route of going 1s/500m quicker for 18 minutes, and allowing myself a 'rest' in the last 2 minutes with a pace 9s below the average for the piece.

On the 2nd interval I kept it sub 1:52.5 for the first 15 minutes (>4000m, which is one of my favourite targets going back to when I started on the indoor rower) - It hurt a lot more than it should have!!!

For Anita tonight was described as 'Mind Over Matter' - She suffered from the Handle-Down demons after the end of the 2nd interval, but toughed it out yet again to complete all the intervals - I've said it before but I'm very proud of how she is managing with all the metres.

We're now coming to the end of the C2 holiday challenge - Just Friday's hour and a HM on Saturday to go - but both of us will finish over the 200km target - The C2TweetCrew (Our Affiliation on the C2 website) currently have 18 members over the 100km threshold!!!!!!

Lastly we passed 1000 miles together tonight since the start of our training on 3rd October :)

Anita: 12836m
Andy: 15395m
Cumulative: 1615775m (1004.2 miles)

The Journey

Start - Topnotch Gym, Colchester,
Finish - Sankt Christoph am Arlberg, Vorarlberg, Austria http://www.stantonamarlberg.com/en/home/index.html

No comments:

Post a Comment