Saturday 17 December 2011

Day 48 - Wednesday Win for Anita, Woe for me.....

A planned 3 30' intervals on Wednesday night, 2:24, 2:16, 2:24 for Anita, 2:00, 1:54 and 2:00 for me - 3R

The first interval went Ok-ish for both of us - we've both been feeling rundown as we've just been so busy on the run-up to Christmas but it was still good to sit down and row for 30 minutes at a reasonable pace.

The second interval however was a very mixed bag. Anita rowed a 2:16.9 for a PB 30', but did say it was very tough (This for someone who rowed a 2:10.9 to 6344m not too long ago) whereas I hit the wall.

Not wanting to make excuses but 'The Perfect Storm' occurred for me:

1. Felt ill anyway
2. Forgot my gloves (Starts to hurt my hand due to me grip, plus I never seem to be able to get the power down at the same stroke rate)
3 My earphones gave up on me.

As such I maintained 1:53 for about 16 minutes, but it was then my arms fell off, plus my spm were too high and my heart rate became unmanageable ( Again I did a 1:476 for 6344m not too long ago) so I handled-down at 5k (19:40), and rowed a slow 2k (9:03) beside Anita as she was rowing towards her PB.

We decided to not do the 3rd interval as we both felt pretty spent :)

That's it for this week - We have Anita's sister over from Michigan for the weekend, and her youngest is overnighting tonight so we'll be having a lovely festive time of it.

However the plan stands for next week - Week 12 and the final normal week of the 14 leading to the first Marathon, with a HM piece (Anita's never done a HM attempt, me only once) on Christmas Eve, setting us in good stead for the 2 taper weeks of the plan.

I will also be doing a short weekly round-up on the Concept2 UK website (www.concept2.co.uk) of our progress, so expect to see this in the coming weeks

No comments:

Post a Comment