Thursday 15 March 2012

Days 90 & 91 - The taper....

The last week of prep before the big day.

Tuesday - both did 10k's, Anita at 2:22.4, Me at 2:00 (Or 1:60 as it shows on the Facebook Concept 2 App :)), both at relatively low spm (Anita @ 19, Me @ 20, 1st 5k @ 18) but both felt really good. Except for afterwards, where the back of my head started to ache, and I felt a bit light headed. When I lookmed this up Hypoglycemia kept popping up (I had a couple of handfuls of Raisins afterwards), but when Anita tested my blood sugar it came up at just over 6, so no real problem.

The ache got worse, and has only really subsided today, so I imagine I strained my neck on the really low spm portion of the 10k, where I was really leaning back in the stroke. Something to think of in the future.

Tonight - Anita did an OCD 12345m online with Stu Thorp and Mo O'Kane, who are both in training for a World Record Tandem longest duration row attempt @ approx 50 hours at the start of May (http://www.justgiving.com/mauriceokane-stuartthorp) - She agreed to do a 2:20, ended up doing a 2:17.4, taking 56 and a bit minutes, and got a bit of a wrist-slap afterwards as we are supposed to be winding down for saturday :) Anita says she sleeps better after exercising/going to the gym so hopefully this helps tonight :)

I messed about with the PM3 monitor and played a game of Fish (http://concept2.co.uk/monitor/games), which is 4 minutes of trying to catch fish and avoid be eaten by bigger fish by changing your stroke rate - I got 860, which wasn't too bad, but translated to only 2:24 pace for the 4 minutes, so it was little more than a quick game.

One more post before the 100k tomorrow, then the 100k itself :)

Cumulative Metres: 3110095m (1932.9 miles)

Start: Topnotch Health Club Colchester CO4 9ES
Finish: Velyki Pidlisky, L'vivs'ka, Ukraine (http://www.panoramio.com/photo/35532066)

No comments:

Post a Comment