Saturday 25 February 2012

Day 81 & 82, 2.5k to 4hrs!!

Friday was the 2500m for the Concept2UK Challenge Series for February (What a beast that is) - 10:30.1 @ 2:06 for Anita, 8:35 @1:43 for Me.

I was a little bit disappointed as I felt I had a 1:40 in me, but made the foolish choice of Drag 10 (Approx 195 DF) - In future I will only use the for 500m or less, I've just become too used to lower DF distance work.

Anita felt the same, and as such we are planning to give this another go on Wednesday next week.

Onto earlier today - a 4hr Time Trial.

Firstly me, because Anita definitely takes centre stage after an amazing row.

I did 52628m (2:16.9) - Again I was fine up until 2hrs (2:03 pace) then the switch turned to off position an everything started to become an issue; the blisters on my left hand meaning I couldn't grip the handle properly, blistered left heel (New trainers being ordered later), pain in my right knee and a pulled right forearm/bicep after favouring my right side during the second half of the row.

It was very useful as I now have a new goal for the 100k - Finish!! I'd like to come in under 8 hours if at all possible, and to do so I'll be going at much slower (2:10) than I was planning before today.

Now to Anita.

50028m (2:23.9) with just 2 breaks (At 2hrs and 3hrs) totaling no more than 4 minutes. She is noww crashed on the sofa beside me, but during the row she was the personification of focus, and was amazing controlled at approx 2:22 rowing pace throughout. She now has a new target - Finish! - She said she was completely spent at that pace, so will try to maintain 2:25 rowing pace to come in under 2:30.

Anita seems to be built for endurance, lots of slow-twitch muscle fibres, Diabeticly sped-up energy transport system. I'm the opposite, and I seem to struggle getting energy from food during a row. I will Finish however!! And so will Anita!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment